Thursday, February 14, 2008

La jour de la Saint-Valentin

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Mark made a detour this morning after getting our traditional breakfast baguette, and he arrived home with roses. The French love flowers at any time, but he said that the flower shop was doing a booming business even at 9 a.m. He thoughtfully arranged them in one of the apartment's Alsatian pottery jugs, which made for a pretty picture.

Although I haven't seen much evidence of stores gearing up for St. Valentine's Day, it may be because I haven't been doing a lot of shopping lately. I did snap a picture of a wonderful shop window in Colmar, however, when we visited there last week (please ignore the nasty glare on the picture!). Colmar has some beautiful buildings about which I will post later.

I hope you have a great day with your loved ones!

No comments: